Friday, June 29, 2012

Look Who's Coming to the Picnic!

What speaks summer more than watermelon?  That combination of pink and green is so cool and refreshing, so I decided to bake a batch to escape the heat.

Cookie Crazy had a wonderful tutorial on how to create the ant.  http://www.cookiecrazie.com/2012/06/cookie-picnic-needs-ant-cookies.html

Thank you, Pam for the detailed step-by-step directions to turn my flip-flop cutter into a cute little creature.

Glorious Treats posted a tutorial on gingham checks using the spray coloring or an airbrush.  http://www.glorioustreats.com/2012/03/easy-gingham-cookies-cookie-decorating.html  It looked much easier when Glory described it, but perhaps that is because I used my slated spatula.  I will need to cut a template and try my hand at this again. 

I am hoping the kids enjoy their summer cookies.  They all love bugs, except Kylie.  She loves watermelon, though!

I hope you are "in the pink" on this hot summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment