Thursday, June 14, 2012

Graduation Cookies for Hunter

Some cookiers are bored with graduation caps and diplomas, but that is exactly what grads want for their celebration.  Lately, I have had requests for cookies that represent the college they will be attending in the fall as well as a nod to the high school they are leaving.  Some colors are easier to blend the two worlds, and I was lucky this time with blue and gold and then red and white.

I followed Sweet Sugar Belle's tutorial on confetti cookies http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2012/06/confetti-graduation-cookies/ to add a festive touch.  I also modified my grad cap based on some I had seen by very talented Alyson of Corner House Cookies  http://www.flickr.com/photos/21446197@N00/7156096787/in/contacts/


When you are in charge of the decorating bag, it is easy to take liberty and modify a few things.  I do not like red cookies.  A touch of red is fine, but I avoid a base of red whenever possible.  (Why invite blotches and bad taste to spoil the party?)  I worried about too much white, so I threw in some athletic gray shirts with the Indiana logo in red. 

Best wishes, Hunter, as you head off to Indiana University!

No comments:

Post a Comment