Sunday, February 20, 2011

February "Fillers" Just for Fun

"Beep,  Beep" for Boys!
With the new baby, I try to make weekly visits to my daughter's home, so she can take a nap and have another pair of hands with the two boys.  I had very little time to make cookies, but did not want to go empty-handed.  I mixed up some chocolate chip dough, cut trucks and cars, and kept the piping to a minimum.  It didn't bother Jack one bit that the vehicles were missing details, he sat nicely at the table talking, playing, and eating them right down to the last wheel!  He was probably just happy to have cookies that weren't pink.



SpringTime Fun for Girls
With the remaining dough, I cut some flowers and birds for the granddaughters, who were going to be visiting over the weekend.  I should have known that the cookies fully covered in Royal Icing would be the first to disappear from the tin.  (Why eat a cookie partially covered in frosting?)  Kylie digs for the biggest one, while sister Kendra always makes sure that she is eating pink ones.

  . . . Never met a cookie that I didn't like!

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I had no idea you have a blog!! I am so following you now!!! These cookies are so CUTE!!! I can imagine your grandson playing with the trucks. Your spring cookies make me want spring to arrive today:) Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete