Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Chippers

Sometimes I think I have cookie ADD.  I get a little bored with the same recipe and the same designs.  SweetSugarBelle posted a recipe for iced chocolate chip cookies that caught my eye.

I decided to give them a try for Valentine's Day.  Cookie Friend and I are always saying, "KISS--Keep It Simple, Silly!"  This time I listened to my inner voice and only made hearts, lips and hands.

Rather than the traditional pink and red with an occasional purple color scheme, I tried to match some tissue paper that I had for wrapping presents.

The cookies were met with rave reviews by the grandkids and my daughter and daughter-in-law.  Actually, the granddaughters asked for a second chocolate chipper rather than accepting a cute baby cookie that was made with the traditional sugar cookie dough.  I resisted the cookies as long as I could, but I did cave and try a small heart myself.  Yowza, they are good!

I don't feel like they held their shape and kept crisp edges.  I also don't believe they made a very clean backdrop for the icing designs.  However, I will be doing these again using simple shapes . . . perhaps Easter Eggs.

I wish I had a picture of the grandkids eating the hand cookies.  The cutout heart created a good handle for toddlers!  Even the 19 month old was able to grip that cookie from first bite to the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment