Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa's Makin' a List


It's Ho-Ho Holiday time, which is the perfect season for cookies!  Last October, I made pumpkin cookie treat bags for the Women's Club bake sale.  They were a hot item and disappeared quickly.

Fortunately, one of the gals remembered my cookies and emailed an order.  Three or four dozen grew into five dozen bagged and personalized cookies for her grandchildren, nieces, and nephews.  I was very impressed that she could compile a list of all 20 with accurate spellings.  (She must have a cheat sheet!)

Santa hats seemed perfect for personalizing.  I was able to write the names and then pipe some cute swirls around the lettering on the band of Santa's hat.  To add some contrasting color, I tossed in a tree.  Of course, Snowmen have such personality that I had to include those as the third cookie in each bag.

This is actually my first order in our new location.  I'm not sure how many calls I will receive.  Whenever I take cookies to events, everyone asks, "Do you do cakes?"  That just isn't my thing.  That's ok.  The grandkids keep my oven on!

No comments:

Post a Comment