Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wedding Shower Cupcakes



The bride-to-be loves cupcakes, so the favor for her wedding shower is cupcakes in the wedding colors of black and white with a hot pink heart topping the cookie.

Rather than lots of black frosting, I decided to create a polka dot liner and then pipe in black.  My next decision wasn't quite as easy.  I couldn't decide how I wanted to create the heart.  I have never used fondant, but my sift-sister, "Cookie Friend", had great results when she used fondant to create her "Cute as a Button" cookies.  Since these cupcake cookies are larger than ones I usually make, I decided a uniform heart in a larger size would have more presence.  So, out came the fondant and heart cutter.  You decide which is better . . . The middle photo has a heart piped in Royal Icing, which I usually do.  The last photo has the fondant heart.  Despite the method, these cookies look cute and romantic tied with a ribbon and heart tag for the wedding shower.

P.S.  I was so happy to receive an email from the bride's mother after the shower.  She told me that everyone loved the cookies, especially the bride!  It is so nice to get feedback and know that the cookies added to the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment