Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grandpa's Carrots

I've been decorating cookies for approximately three years. 
My husband has occasionally joked, "Want my help? or Which ones do you want me to frost?" 

I know my father-in-law was known to frost a few rabbits over the years when Grandma Carroll was running short on time before a holiday.  Perhaps my hubby wanted to follow in his father's footsteps.  Perhaps I subconsciously used Tom Sawyer trickery (persuading friends that painting the white picket fence was SO much fun).

This time when he offered to ice the carrots, I handed him the RI bottle.  After all, there is very little that can be done wrong with a carrot!  He did finish all of the greenery and knew that he should let it dry before continuing with the orange. 

When enough time passed, I called him back to the table and handed him the orange RI.  He diligently worked on six of them and decided it was time to go to bed.  (He has the same attention span as the grandkids.)

I packed up all of the cookies and put them away early in the morning.  He later asked if I took pictures.  He honestly looked disappointed when I told him that I had forgotten, so I unpacked some of the cookies and took a photo of "Gregg's first cookies".

So, Kendra, Kylie, Jack, and Ben, be sure to reach for the carrot cookies first and "oooh" and "ahhhh" at how cute they are . . . just for Grandpa!


No comments:

Post a Comment