Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Want My Mummy!


Cookie Friend and I are always emailing "KISS" when we discuss our plans to make cookies.  "Keep It Simple, Silly!" (Don't cut too many different designs that require more colors than we have bottles to fill.  Focus on just a few!)  For once, I did follow my own advice.
I wanted to make a batch of Halloween cookies for the grandkids, who we will see this weekend.  Jack-o-Lanterns are a given, but I had to decide what I would add into the mix.  Ghosts would be easily recognizable by toddlers.  Then I remembered a blog tutorial for mummy cookies.  I have never made mummies, so now was the perfect time.  Pumpkins and ghosts and mummies, oh my!

Unfortunately, I did not have the wide flat tip with me when it was time to wrap my mummy, so I detailed in simple lines.  I liked the black detailing, but then I remembered that these cookies are for children 1 to 3 years old.  Black doesn't look too good in drool; nor is it easy to wash out of clothes.  After a few mummies detailed in black, I switched to white-on-white.  Since they are for grandchildren, the heart was mandatory!

Mummies are white, so I implemented my creative license and iced my ghosts in purple, green and pale orange.  The variety of colors makes a boo-tiful tin of cookies to celebrate the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment